Austin Mortgage Refinance: Good News for Austin homeowners
There is some good news out there for homeowners who have seen the value of their homes decreasing. The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a government mortgage refinance assistance program that can get homeowners a fixed rate loan at a lower rate and possibly save thousands of dollars over the life the loan.
Austin Mortgage Refinance Paramaters of Eligibility
The parameters of eligibility to refinance mortgages through HARP are quite narrow, but it can be a great path for underwater homeowners.
This is how it works:
- Mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac before May 31, 2009
- Must be current on your mortgage with no late payments in the last six months and no more than 1 late payment in the last 12 months
- The current loan-to-value ratio must be greater than 80 percent
Contact the Austin Mortgage Refinance specialists at Leader1 Mortgage of Austin to see if you qualify, we are happy to help with all of your Austin Mortgage needs. Viagra
A Growing Austin Neighborhood
Not that many years ago, Austin was a small city with a centrally located airport. Now Austin is a growing city of over 800,000 residents with an international airport located on the southeast edge of town. The Mueller neighborhood is an attractive development on the site of the old Austin airport. This planned Austin neighborhood in the midst of east The east side of town has homes of all sizes, along with shops and parks.
An Austin Neighborhood with Plenty of Green Space
Among the highlights of this 700 acre multi-purpose Austin neighborhood are 4900 homes, 140 acres of green space and 13 miles of hike and bike trails. When completed, this Austin neighborhood will have five parks in all and a small lake. The idea is green building and green living, with easy access to public transportation. Three golf courses in the area add to the recreational appeal of this east Austin neighborhood.
An Austin Neighborhood with a Great Location
The Mueller development is an Austin neighborhood that is conveniently located near both downtown and the University of Texas. The accessibilty of public transportation is a key perk to the Meuller neighborhood. Shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance throughout the neighborhood round out the multiple reasons this Austin neighborhood is the lastest hot spot.
Austin Mortgage Bank can Help you Choose the Right Austin Neighborhood
Leader1, an Austin Mortgage Bank, can help you find the right Austin neighborhood, and secure the best mortgage for your Austin home. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Bankers today to discuss your Austin Home Mortgage needs: 512-356-9436.
Austin Neighborhood Image: xedos4 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Austin Family fun in New Braunfels
What could be better than German beer, music and sausage for Austin family fun? This is the 51st year for the annual “Salute to Sausage” celebrating German heritage with food and music. Wurstfest runs from November 4 to November 13 in Landa Park in New Braunfels. There are all kinds of fair-like attractions at this festival, including rides and live music. And more lederhosen than you’ll see anywhere outside of Germany!
Austin Family Fun with Pumpkins
The Evergreen Christmas Tree Farm in Elgin offers a pumpkin patch and the Great Pumpkin Hunt every weekend in October. Sweet Berry Farms in Marble Falls has a pumpkin patch, hayrides and a hayfield maze in the shape of Texas. There is something for all ages, along with homemade ice cream and other treats.
Wild Austin Family Fun
Halloween can be celebrated all month long by an Austin Family. Boo at the Zoo is a unique opportunity to see the zoo by flashlight on weekends in October. Wear a costume, bring a picnic and take a haunted train ride.
Howling Austin Family Fun
Spend an evening at the Austin Nature and Science Center for a Halloween Howl on Saturday, October 22. See the spooky side of nature with all kinds of hands-on Austin family fun. Check out the other Parks and Recreation events like a free haunted house and Halloween carnival.
Leader1 Mortgage of Austin is proud to be part of the Austin family community. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Brokers today to discuss your Austin Home Loan needs: 512-356-9436.
Austin Family Fun Image: Vlado / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
East Austin is Thriving
Just when you think you’ve been to all the hip places Austin has to offer, there is a new trendy spot to try. The area east of downtown Austin has been revitalized in recent years with the help of civic leaders and innovative developers.
East Austin Transformation
Over the last few years, the City of Austin’s Commercial Revitalization program has aimed its magic wand at East 11th and 12th Streets. Okay, maybe it’s not magic but rather the Urban Renewal Agency and the Austin Revitalization Authority that have transformed this historic part of Austin. Just blocks from downtown, you will find art galleries, restaurants, restored homes and shops.
New Village in East Austin
East Village is a mixed use development featuring stores and loft apartments. Melding the old with the new, East Village retains the character of the neighborhood while bringing its own new vibe. Just blocks from museums, libraries and restaurants, plus just a ten minute walk to the infinite possibilities of downtown Austin.
East Austin is Waiting for You
East Austin is a vibrant and growing community, which makes it a good investment. Leader1 Mortgage of Austin is proud to help you with Austin Home Loans in East Austin or anywhere in this terrific town. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Brokers today to discuss your Austin Home Loan needs: 512-356-9436 . Purim 1 pc
Give Your Austin Home Some TLC
Your home is your greatest asset, and giving it a little TLC from time to time will not only protect your Austin home, but could also lower your monthly bills.
Keep Your Austin Home Healthy
- With the AC cranking on these hot summer days, it’s a good time to change the filters and dust the vents. This will help your system run more efficiently and cut down on the amount of dust in the air. You should also save a little money on the electricity bill with this simple act.
- Along with the AC vents, don’t forget to check the clothes dryer vent. Sure, we empty the lint and debris out of the filter on a regular basis, but have you ever really cleaned it? You should vacuum out the filter area and check the back of the dryer for any collected dust to help your dryer work more efficiently.
- Since you’re already cleaning behind large appliances, take a look behind the refrigerator. What you see back there may be a little unappetizing! Clean the dust off the coils on the back of the fridge to help it run more efficiently, too.
Take Care of the Exterior of your Austin Home
- Rain would be a welcomed sight in Austin this summer. When we get the next big rain, make sure your gutters and downspouts are not blocked to prevent needless water damage to your roof and siding. This chore should be done early in the day before it gets too hot.
- Speaking of siding, you should look for any damaged woodwork on the outside of your home. You can touch up peeling areas before they deteriorate further. Also, inspect bricks and masonry for any cracks. As you give careful inspection to the exterior of your home, don’t forget the windows, doors, and other entry points, such as dryer vents and cable wire holes. Check to see if any caulk needs to be replaced to keep drafts and critters (the crawly or furry kind) out of your home.
Give Your Austin Yard Some TLC, Too
- Finally, give your lawn a little attention by checking your sprinkler heads to see if any need to be replaced or repositioned. Watering the sidewalk does nothing for your grass and needlessly increases your water bill!
Good home ownership starts with a good home loan. Leader1 Mortgage of Austin is proud to help you with Austin Home Loans. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Brokers today to discuss your Austin Home Loan needs: 512-356-9436.
Austin Home Image: Digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Austin Families Love Their Town
Austin made another top ten list: Yahoo’s 10 Best Cities for Families. From the climate to the job market, Austin made the number two spot for load-up-the-kids and move here. Some of the criteria cited by Yahoo was a little dubious, listing music festivals as one of the family perks. Plenty of hip Austin families bring their children to Austin City Limits Music Festival, but it’s probably not on parents’ top-ten-things to love about living in Austin.
Arts and Culture For Austin Families
Along with ACL and South by Southwest festivals, Austin families love the abundance of museums, theaters and cultural celebrations. This is a city that embraces the weird and strives for the quirky. It’s also a university town that brings big thinkers and big performers to Austin on a regular basis.
Austin Families Appreciate the Schools
I talked about this before, but there are highly rated schools throughout the city and surrounding areas. The University of Texas is revered for its sports and its education opportunities. With miles of parks, including the Nature and Science Center and the Learning Center at Zilker, there is plenty of good, wholesome fun for Austin families.
Austin Families Love the Economy
Austin is about innovation. The job market is thriving thanks to both stalwart employers, like the government and universities, and tech companies, like Dell and AMD. Plus, Google, Facebook and gaming start-ups have set up Austin offices in recent years.
Austin Home Loans for Families
Leader1 Mortgage of Austin is proud to help present and future Austin families with Austin Home Loans. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Brokers today to discuss your Austin Home Loan needs: 512-356-9436 .
Austin Families Image: Photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net