It even feels like Fall out there these days—well, for Central Texas anyway. The air might not be crisp, but fun fall festivities abound in Central Texas, from football fever to Halloween parties:
- Wurstfest in New Braunfels – What could be better than German beer, music and sausage? This is the 50th year for the annual “Salute to Sausage” celebrating German heritage with food and music. Wurstfest runs from October 29 to November 7 in Landa Park in New Braunfels. There are all kinds of fair attractions at this festival, including rides and live music. And more lederhosen than you’ll see anywhere outside of Germany!
- Pumpkin Patches – The Evergreen Christmas Tree Farm in Elgin offers a pumpkin patch and the Great Pumpkin Hunt. Sweet Berry Farms in Marble Falls has a pumpkin patch, hayrides and a hayfield maze in the shape of Texas. There is something for all ages, along with homemade ice cream and other treats.
- Boo at the Zoo – Halloween can be celebrated all month long in Austin. Boo at the Zoo is a unique opportunity to see the zoo by flashlight on weekends in October. Wear a costume, bring a picnic and take a haunted train ride.
- Halloween Howl – Spend an evening at the Austin Nature and Science Center for a Halloween Howl on October 23. See the spooky side of nature with all kinds of hands-on family fun. Check out the other Parks and Recreation events like a free haunted house and Halloween carnival.
- Sixth Street – For the kids at heart there is always the infamous Halloween on Sixth Street with all sorts of rowdy revelers having scary fun. Shop for a costume at the famed Lucy in Disguise on South Congress before heading downtown to enjoy drink specials and live music.
Austin is a fantastic place to live and LeaderOne Austin is here to provide guidance and information for Austin mortgages and so much more.