Give Your Austin Home Some TLC
Your home is your greatest asset, and giving it a little TLC from time to time will not only protect your Austin home, but could also lower your monthly bills.
Keep Your Austin Home Healthy
- With the AC cranking on these hot summer days, it’s a good time to change the filters and dust the vents. This will help your system run more efficiently and cut down on the amount of dust in the air. You should also save a little money on the electricity bill with this simple act.
- Along with the AC vents, don’t forget to check the clothes dryer vent. Sure, we empty the lint and debris out of the filter on a regular basis, but have you ever really cleaned it? You should vacuum out the filter area and check the back of the dryer for any collected dust to help your dryer work more efficiently.
- Since you’re already cleaning behind large appliances, take a look behind the refrigerator. What you see back there may be a little unappetizing! Clean the dust off the coils on the back of the fridge to help it run more efficiently, too.
Take Care of the Exterior of your Austin Home
- Rain would be a welcomed sight in Austin this summer. When we get the next big rain, make sure your gutters and downspouts are not blocked to prevent needless water damage to your roof and siding. This chore should be done early in the day before it gets too hot.
- Speaking of siding, you should look for any damaged woodwork on the outside of your home. You can touch up peeling areas before they deteriorate further. Also, inspect bricks and masonry for any cracks. As you give careful inspection to the exterior of your home, don’t forget the windows, doors, and other entry points, such as dryer vents and cable wire holes. Check to see if any caulk needs to be replaced to keep drafts and critters (the crawly or furry kind) out of your home.
Give Your Austin Yard Some TLC, Too
- Finally, give your lawn a little attention by checking your sprinkler heads to see if any need to be replaced or repositioned. Watering the sidewalk does nothing for your grass and needlessly increases your water bill!
Good home ownership starts with a good home loan. Leader1 Mortgage of Austin is proud to help you with Austin Home Loans. Contact one of our experienced Austin Mortgage Brokers today to discuss your Austin Home Loan needs: 512-356-9436.
Austin Home Image: Digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net